My ultimate goal is to master all aspects of animation. I want to be able to do it all and do it well, whether it's creating storyboards, character animation, design, backgrounds, 2D, 3D, even voice work. I am a fast learner, a teacher, a motivator and I love to help people and get them excited about animation. I have been seriously studying illustration and animation for more than 20 years!
September 2005 - December 2005
Introduction to 3D animation (part-time) 3D Studio Max
September 1998 - April 2001
Animation television (Diploma)
August 1998 - September 1998
January 1997 - September 1998
Ottawa School of Art
Classes in: Life drawing, Perspective drawing, Anatomy, Cartooning
September 1993 – June 1997
École Secondaire Garneau
Grade 12 Diploma
Myriam la dévoreuse de livres (Children's book ages 7 to 12)
Writer: Lisette Brochu
Publishing house: Vermillon
Elementary Safety Book for Young Children
(10,000$ grand prize winner of 2004)
Publishing house: Regional Maple Leaf Communications Inc.
The Adventures of Stay Safe Koko and Company
Eastern Ontario Health Unit (2007)
A 20 minute animated video on injury prevention for children between 3 to 5 years of age.
Storyboards, characters and backgrounds
(Paper and pencil, inks, Adobe Illustrator)
Le génie de Jessie
Writer: Alberte Villeneuve-Sinclair
Publishing house: B
November 2013 - Present
Job title: FX Animator
• Add, or create Effects for TV shows :Jake and The Neverland Pirates, Wander Over Yander, Mickey Mouse Shorts, Star and the Forces Of Evil.
• Work with Toon Boom Harmony
May 2003 – November 2013
Centre franco-ontarien de ressources pédagogiques
Job title: Flash Animator
• Create complex Flash animations and illustrations for on-line educational courses (E-learning) for the Ontario Ministry of Education.
• Supervised contract animators and managed different deadlines for a large project.
• Work with Flash, Illustrator and Photoshop.
April 2003 - May 2003
Job title: Background artist
• Performed background clean-ups for television show Robo Roach.
April 2001 - December 2002
Job title: Digital Imaging Specialist
• Edited clipart and photographs using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
January 2001 - December 2002
Job title: Digital Ink and Painter
• Digitally inked and painted all character animation using Toonz 4.1 for television shows such as:
a) Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
b) Ripping Friends
c) Hoze Hounds
• I have placed in the top 10 artists in Canada for the Ben Wick's Award four times since the contest began in 2000.
• Placed number one and received the grand prize of $10,000 for the Ben Wick's Elementary Safety Book for Young Children in 2004. The book was distributed across Canada and parts of the US. regionalmapleleaf.com/ben-awar…
• First Aid certification.
• Attended 2 day Pixar Animation master class in Montreal, Canada in 2011.
• Paper, pencil and Pantone markers
• Toon Boom Harmony
• Since 1991 I have been studying Taekwon-Do and have received my 4th degree black belt. I am now a certified instructor with the International Taekwon-Do Federation and I teach for the City of Ottawa at the South Fallingbrook Community Centre. I also compete at a national level.